DAN Instructor Qualification Course (IQC)
Divers Alert Network IQC Workshops for 2018
BECOME A DAN INSTRUCTOR
March 10 & 11, 8:30am to 5pm
June 16 & 17, 8:30am to 5pm
September 8 & 9, 8:30am to 5pm
December 1 & 2, 8:30am to 5pm
The DAN Instructor Qualification Course (IQC) is the pathway to becoming a DAN Instructor. Active diving professionals who are DAN Members are eligible to enroll in this program. A CPR instruction credential is also required but can be obtained as part of the IQC.
Most instructor candidates begin with the Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) program, which instructs candidates how to teach the four component courses. It also covers how to teach the courses as the comprehensive DEMP program.
DAN Instructors who work with individuals who dive as part of their job or volunteer duties will want to consider adding the DFA PRO module as part of their IQC.
Step 1: Be A DAN member, CPR/FA Instructor
Step 2: Be a current status scuba diving leader with your training agency
Step 3: Participate in an Instructor Qualification Course (IQC) with a DAN Instructor Trainer
Step 4: Start teaching when you receive confirmation from DAN
Instructors must maintain active teaching status with DAN to conduct DAN training programs. To maintain active teaching status, DAN Instructors must teach or assist with teaching each course in which they are certified once within a 24-month period.
IQC Materials Needed:
- DAN Core/Mini-Core Instructor Manual
- Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries Provider & Instructor Materials
- Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid Provider & Instructor Materials
- First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries Provider & Instructor Materials
- Neurological Assessment for Divers Provider & Instructor Materials
- CPR: Health Care Provider with First Aid Provider & Instructor Materials
- Diving First Aid for the Professional Divers Provider & Instructor Materials
These can be downloaded from the DAN Instructor Resource Center Online
- Store Fee: $25.00
- Instructor Fee: $750.00 (full IQC)
- Instructor Fee: $200.00 (per course)